Are these really words?

I remember while growing up in elementary school I had this one teacher that wouldn’t allow the class to say words like gonna, wanna, and needa. So, if you said “ I needa use the bathroom, can I please go”, she would say “needa is not a word you need to ask again the correct way” in front of the whole class so everyone would look at you and know not to say that unless you want to be corrected ( embarrassing). She would then write it down every time you said it and if you said it more than 5 times you weren’t allowed to use the bathroom anymore while she was there, you had to either wait for lunch or for the next period with a different teacher. Oh, and god forbid you wrote in down in your notebook or on a piece of paper that was being handed in it was circled in a bright red marker and written on top in bold: THAT IS NOT A WORD FIX IT!!!!! She never really gave us a real explanation as to why we weren’t allowed to use those words, she would always just say “it’s not a word” and no one ever questioned it because she was the teacher, and she was really mean. After that teacher I was sacred to say or use those words in my writing. Till this day I still don’t know if they are really words that can be used, but I will not use them in my writing or talking to a teacher. I will however use them if I am talking to a friend.